Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Free Music

Over the last few days, I have become increasingly agitated with our new way of life in this country. People seem short tempered, curt and just overall nasty.

In Pittsburgh, we have been known for our friendliness. We hold doors open for strangers, greet and smile at neighbors we don't know and wave another driver on in traffic. All that seems muffled and lost these days. It's downright irritating.

I find myself longing for the simpler times. For me, that was a time when the responsibilities of daily life were as simple as what music we would listen to for the evening.

I have found a pretty cool music website that is free. It's called Last.fm. Enjoy.

4 comments:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

People are very short tempered and nasty anymore. I know the economy sucks but I don't feel that is a reason to take it out on each other. If anything, it should be a better reason to band together and help each other out.

I miss the simple times too. I try to sneak back in time when I can an remember just to keep myself sane. Funny thing is my simple times were my parents crazy ones. Just think, Nikki will some day look back on these days and be saying the same thing about these times too, lol!

Thanks for the link. Music is my escape from this crazy place of a world.

Lori1955 said...

Yes people are angry these days. The economy has sunk, the nation is divided and everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else. Perhaps we have just had too much for too long and somehow feel we are entitled to it. Maybe all this will bring us back to a simpler time.

For now I'll just enjoy the free music. It's nice that some things are still free.

nancy said...

i totally agree, it's very sad i think. kinda scary to think what's happening to this country.

the link is GREAT. thanks so much. you made my day!

Nikki said...

I never really took much notice of how we Pittsburgh folk are extra curtious. I noticed it most while I lived here. I find myself waving people on while I'm driving, picking up dropped things, saying hello to strangers. Sometimes people look at me like I am from Mars, sometimes they are so shocked they don't know how to react. And other times, they smile, make eye contact, and say "thank you"

I love Pittsburgh =]