Saturday, May 9, 2009

I've Had A Blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCeKPGoeGV4&feature=related

The above is a good explanation of a large project we were fortunate to get. The video gets weird later, but the first few minutes are very informative.

This bridge stood over a street where my dad grew up. I remember playing under it as a child when we visited my grandfather and my aunt and uncle. My aunt and uncle's house was just a few blocks from my grandfather's home. Davis Avenue, where the bridge was located, was a block from the house where my mom grew up.

I found the whole experience to be rather surreal.

However, I did enjoy spending the better part of two weeks in those neighborhoods again while we worked. I even met a few people who remembered my dad and his brothers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day Betsy.

nancy said...

that's really cool you were able to meet some people who remembered your dad and uncles. i'm glad for you.

hope you had a nice mother's day!